With PMC® Flex™, you can roll, cut and shape this fine silver metal clay just like any modelling clay but you can enjoy a much longer working period. Up to weeks if necessary! The clay firms up but stays pliable enough to bend, twist and shape. It is even possible to join edges with slip up to a month later (PLEASE NOTE: It is not possible to ball-up and re-roll the clay. To do that, all that is necessary is to rehydrate the clay and begin again)When the piece is ready, fire it to produce a pure fine-silver object. Because of its extended window of working time, this variety of PMC silver clay is ideal for use by students in the classroom and/or for anyone new to working with metal clay. PMC® Flex™ allows ample time to get designs exactly as you want them.
• Need to sand or drill the clay? Easy. Simply use one of the traditional drying methods (warming plate, hydrator or blow-dryer) for 20 minutes to dry out the clay.
• Great to carve, easy to join components together; and can be combined with all other varieties of PMC® silver clay.
• Use the same tools you would use for other metal clays but take special care to clean tools thoroughly before using them with a different clay.
Composition: Metal powder (90%), water and organic binder (10%)
Colour: Pickle white
• Firing temp.: 900°C for two hours to achieve maximum durability and strength; or 600°C for 45 minutes; or 650°C for 20 minutes; or 700°C for 10 minutes.
• Melting point: 960°C
• Density after firing: 9.3 specific gravity (rolled silver = 10.5 specific gravity)
Please note: • PMC is sold by the metal weight, not the weight that includes the water and binders that burn off during firing. You get every gram of precious metal you pay for with PMC.
• PMC® has a strong adverse reaction to contact with aluminium. Do not use aluminium tools or allow your PMC to come into contact with any aluminium object.